Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Support_Admin
    Keymaster

You cant delete a section of wall, but you can hide it…

To hide a wall section:

Add additional wall point to the wall, by double clicking the wall. The select the wall section you wish to delete and right click and selct Show / Hide toggle.

See section 3.3.2.3 Hide/Show walls in documentation

Also demonstrated in Section 8.1 in Evacuation route in the construction of fire escape plan.

Support_Admin
    Keymaster

Customer response “Hi, I have tried following your instructions, and seem to be unable to select a wall. I shall try coping the layout again, as if I want another floor and see if that helps. If there is anything else you can think of, perhaps you could let me know.

In addition, where I have added rooms, the walls look too thick in places, and in one place too thin. I can’t find anywhere where I can change the thickness of a wall as currently it looks as if one of my external walls is an internal wall, and several of my internal walls are external ones!”

Support_Admin
    Keymaster

This video demonstrates how to hide a wall section.

For the thin wall – thick wall situation. The thick walls will be external walls and this is usually due to a badly positioned right click when placing a new room. If you notice it when it happens, its easy to rectify by deleting the offendng room and redrawing it, but sometimes you dont notice the wrongly placed external wall until later. For this please see Tutorial 7 in the User documentation. This demonstrates the problem and how to rectify.
    Be sure only to place rooms using the right click method as its more pricise than using the Add room from the tool bar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.