Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Support_Admin
    Keymaster

I have been using your floor planner to create floor plans for a chain of estate agents. I have been asked to include details as defined by a domestic energy assessor. I have added these symbols ok, but would like to know if it is possible to dedicate the a layer just for these symbols. Is it possible to move already placed symbols to this dedicated layer?

Jack L via email

Support_Admin
    Keymaster

You can create a new floor, and place the DEA symbols on that floor. When exporting or printing your plan you can then optionally include these using the Show/Hide feature for that layer.

To move any object to a new floor (or layer) is also easy to achieve.

Save your project file. This is a .fpp file that cabn be viewed and edited with a text editor such as Notepad.

The fpp file is in fact an XML file and the complete structure is documented in the Visual Floor Planner User Manual, but essentially looks like this:

Structure

You will see that if your project has 3 floors (layers, then the block is repeated for each floor. The icons are represented by objects in the block. Simply cut and paste the objects from source to destination floor. Sve your project (as a new file). When you load your new file into Visual Floor Planner you wil lsee that the objects are now located on a different floor.

Using this method you can move any object to a specific floor. Its wise only to achieve this with objects to avoid unforeseen errors within your project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.